Everyone wants a smile that turns heads because it’s so stunning. Is your smile falling short of that perfection because of missing teeth from injury, tooth decay, or aging?
Maybe you’ve hesitated to get dentures to replace your teeth because you have seen too many cheap renditions of them in movies.
At McCullough Dental, we offer natural-looking dentures–not the leap-out-of-your-mouth type you’ve seen on TV. These false teeth look realistic and they feel that way too! If appearance is holding you back from restoring your smile, you’ve come to the right place!
What Makes Dentures Look Natural?
- Materials Used: High-quality acrylic and porcelain do a lot of the heavy lifting to make your dentures look life-like. The acrylic is stained to resemble the shade of your gums and the porcelain is color-matched to your teeth’s shade of white.
- Custom Design: When dentures are designed specifically for your mouth, you don’t have to worry about how they’ll look! Skilled dentists can design dentures to resemble what your teeth used to look like, so they’ll look natural.
- Facial Shape: Dentists have to be familiar with facial structure and aesthetics. This knowledge help when creating dentures because we can take more than just the mouth into account. Your dentures can naturally enhance your facial features.
- Ability: The important feature of dentures is that they work. Whether or not they work well can impact their natural look. Dentures that slip out too easily or can’t break down hard food don’t look or feel as natural as stronger, more sturdy versions.
Aesthetic Advantages to Dentures
Dentures allow you to smile with confidence knowing that you have a full bright smile that is there to protect your dental health. You will never have to feel insecure about your smile because it will be crafted exactly to your liking. Be sure to have your regular dental hygiene appointments and continue your oral care to keep your smile for as long as possible.
Dentures lessen wrinkles around your mouth and keep your jawline looking and feeling strong. This will also help protect you against temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) because your jaw will not weaken like it would with missing teeth or age.
Will Our Dentures Work for You?
If you need a natural-looking tooth-replacement option, dentures are a great choice! They are best for those who have lost or are going to lose all of their teeth. If there are a few stragglers, they can be extracted or you can get a partial denture instead.
As long as your missing teeth are all next to each other, dentures can help in a variety of cases. Maybe you have avoided public speaking or showing full teeth during photographs, then dentures are a great option for you. Your smile is a genuine expression of you and how you feel and should not be hidden out of insecurity when there is a viable and affordable option available to you.
If you think you might have one of those cases, let us know! We’d love to help you get back your natural-looking smile!
How You Can Keep Your Dentures Looking Fine!
It’s all well and good that dentures come looking natural hot-off-the-press, but do they stay that way? Eventually, you’ll need to replace your dentures–not even porcelain lasts forever! But there are a few things you can do to help your dentures last longer:
- Regularly clean them and your gums.
- Soak them in solution overnight.
- Rinse them off after eating food.
- Bring your dentures to dental appointments.
Ready To Restore Your Smile?
We can give you a smile almost as good as the one you’ve lost! Contact McCullough Dental today to learn more about dentures and how we can customize them to look natural!