What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is used to replace multiple missing teeth and restore your smile to its original beauty. The term “bridge” is used because your existing natural teeth are used as anchor points for a dental appliance that fills the gap where your teeth are missing.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges are a tooth replacement option. They are a great way for us to maintain your dental health and the beauty of your smile. Here are some specific advantages that apply to bridges:
- Cheaper: As far as restorative dentistry goes, dental bridges are one of the least expensive methods of replacing teeth.
- Preventative: Not only do bridges give you a new service to chew with, but they also keep your other teeth from shifting around and throwing off your bite.
- Functional: Our bridges are made to look and act just like the rest of your permanent teeth. You can enjoy the freedom of eating all your favorite foods without restraint.
It is important to replace missing teeth because your jaw structure will change over time, making eating and talking more difficult as you age. Your teeth will also shift to make up for that gap, leading to a misaligned smile. A dental bridge can keep your teeth in place while maintaining the proper function of your mouth
Dental Bridges in Bakersfield
Because we consider our patients to be members of our family, and because we strive to provide the best dental care possible, McCullough Dental uses CEREC technology to create the crowns that go in our dental bridges. This technology is so accurate and efficient that you can come in for your consultation and leave with your dental bridge in the same appointment!
We are so excited to help your smile become whole again! When you come see us for a dental bridge, this is what a standard appointment could look like:
- Consultation: We’ll discuss the issues you’re facing, your dental history, and whether or not you’ll be a good fit for dental bridges.
- Preparation: The supporting teeth on either side of the gap will be filed down in preparation to support the bridge in place.
- Crafting: Each patient’s smile is unique, so we’ll make sure your dental bridge matches your individual mouth. We consider matching the shape and color of each prosthetic an art form.
- Placing: Last is placing the dental crowns on either side of the bridge that will hold your replacement tooth in its proper position. Using dental adhesive, we will cement the bridge over your abutment teeth and close the gap.
Now you can enjoy a full smile again! Bridges are sturdy hardware that is long-lasting. Feel free to eat as you please with no dietary restrictions. As long as you brush and floss regularly, as well as visit us for your 6-month appointments, your bridge will last you many years to come.
Why McCullough Dental?
As a Bakersfield dental office, we gravitate towards residents of Bakersfield and the surrounding areas who care about quality dentistry, looking great, and being healthy. If that sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you!
At McCullough Dental, your health is our main concern, closely followed by making your smile look great! We consider dentistry an artistic medium, and we are positive and precise in every service we provide, from a regular cleaning to implant surgery. McCullough Dental is on its way to becoming one of the best dental options in Bakersfield.
Let Us Restore Function to Your Mouth!
Living with missing teeth is no fun, whether they are in the front of your mouth or the back. Contact us today to learn more about our bridges, or to schedule an appointment if you are in the Bakersfield area, including Tehachapi and Delano, CA.