What Is a Dental Crown?
A tool of restorative dentistry, dental crowns are a perfect solution for all sorts of dental problems that can occur because of age, injury, or wear. Over the course of your life, it is possible for your teeth to begin to weaken and become more susceptible to damage.
A crown, or tooth cap, can also protect a tooth from additional damage in the future. Your dentist at McCullough Dental will recommend a crown in situations where a filling will not provide enough protection on its own.
The Dental Crown Masterpiece
At McCullough Dental, we are passionate about beautiful, enduring dentistry. That’s why we love dental crowns. They are very versatile and can rectify several different dental conditions, including:
- Cracked teeth.
- Teeth that are worn down because of an incorrect bite or because of age.
- Chips or breaks in teeth.
- A tooth that has been weakened by an infection.
- Missing teeth.
Our porcelain crowns pop right over the top of an existing tooth or an implant. Because of the strong material, your crown will last you many years. Porcelain crowns are also made to match the color of your teeth, so you can share your beautiful smile shamelessly.
These are not the only strengths of porcelain crowns; the following is a list of the benefits of receiving crowns:
- Confidence: Having a straight, white smile that you know is healthy can give you an extra reason to smile.
- Health: Untreated damaged teeth can have a lasting impact on your health. Crowns can help you avoid issues such as tooth loss, bite misalignment, and TMD.
- Ability: With worn, broken, missing, or otherwise painful teeth, it can be hard to eat and speak normally. Getting a dental crown will give you full capability again.
Porcelain Crowns in Bakersfield
At McCullough Dental, we make metal-free crowns that blend in perfectly with your natural teeth. Our crowns generally last 10–15 years and should be cared for in the same way that you would care for your natural teeth. That means brushing twice a day and flossing at least once daily. This is the best way to keep your smile dazzling and healthy.
Dental Crown Procedure
Depending on your condition, receiving a dental crown can be a very short process. At McCullough Dental, we use advanced technology in every step of the process to increase the accuracy, comfort, and speed of the procedure. Here is what you can expect when you get a dental crown:
- Comfort: First, Dr. McCullough will make sure you’re comfortable both in the office and with the procedure in general. He may also apply a local anesthetic to minimize your discomfort during the procedure.
- Precision: Because your health is so important to us, as we prepare your tooth, we will take extra care to be precise. The tooth that will receive the crown must be filed down to a smoother, more workable shape.
- Speed: Using CEREC technology, we can have your permanent crown ready to apply in one appointment. No need to wait weeks for your crown to be made. We can still make you a crown that is beautifully unique in a very short amount of time.
- Stability: Once your crown is placed, you can go right home and live life as you normally would with newfound durability in your previously weakened tooth. If you take proper care of your crown, it will last you for years to come.
Contact McCullough Dental for Beautiful Crowns
Your health is our highest concern. If you are in need of a crown to fix damaged teeth, we are here for you. Our porcelain crowns can be made in as little as one appointment, allowing us to fit you with a healthy white smile quickly and expertly. Call our office today to get started!
Last year, I met Dr McCullough when he made a crown for my back tooth. I could tell he really enjoys his work and I love people who have a passion for what they do. Because I found it interesting, he let me see the machine that makes the crown, and let me tell you, it IS interesting. No mold or 3D imaging. Dr McCullough used a material that matched the natural color of my other teeth. It was both faster and less expensive than getting an old fashioned metal crown and I am very happy with the result. The crown feels like a natural tooth.
– Kumari D.