What can you do about crooked teeth? SureSmile® clear aligners have helped more than 500,000 patients so far. We use them to:
- Free teeth that are crowded together.
- Straighten rows of crooked teeth.
- Fix overbites and underbites.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Rotate individual teeth.
And you can have your checkups in a friendly, warm dental office in Bakersfield! We’re excited to meet you and help you get a beautiful smile and better health.
For many patients, the best news is that they can have straight teeth in as little as 6 months—without using any metal wires or brackets!
Many of our patients relate to these scenarios:
- Turning on a video conference meeting and hiding crooked teeth during it.
- Wanting to avoid metal braces but still wanting straight teeth.
- Meeting new people and trying not to smile too wide.
- Hiding crooked teeth during pictures.
Hiding your smile all the time can be exhausting and stressful. But that’s not the only damage crooked teeth can cause!
If you want straight teeth in a shorter time using comfortable aligners, contact McCullough Dental for a consultation.
Hope for Crooked Teeth
We’ve found that some patients have struggled with crooked teeth for many years and have built habits to work around them. You might talk a little less, smile without showing teeth in pictures, or have trouble socializing because you don’t want to hear comments about your teeth.
Many others are going through the same issues! We have many patients who’ve been there and have gotten through it all with SureSmile® orthodontics. Just imagine:
- Being Confident at Work: Going to meetings, giving presentations, asking for a raise, talking to customers. . . all with a stunning new smile.
- Socializing: The self-assurance of knowing your smile is gorgeous can help you meet new people and get through those family pictures.
- Better Oral Health: Straight and evenly-spaced teeth are easier to clean, leading to better health!
SureSmile® Aligners: The Fast Track To Straight Teeth
Our patients are often doubly excited when they realize they can have straight teeth, avoid metal braces, and be done in six months (in some cases).
Our patients love that the SureSmile® treatment:
- Uses No Metal: It’s made of high-quality, comfortable materials that will never cut or scrape your lips, cheeks, gums, or tongue.
- Doesn’t Stand out: SureSmile® trays blend in with your teeth. You can do your work, socialize, and study without metal braces getting in the way.
- Is Convenient: You’ll be able to quickly take out your aligners for every meal and easy brushing and flossing.
Patients feel more comfortable during SureSmile® treatment because we never have to tighten the appliances like metal braces. Each aligner just applies the precise, steady pressure needed to move teeth.
Clear Aligners at McCullough Dental
Dr. McCullough is passionate about cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics—a perfect combination for improving your smile.
After earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree, he is now:
- Earning accreditation with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Completing a postgraduate program in orthodontics.
Our whole team gets involved when you want SureSmile® treatment. We take care of billing insurance, make you feel comfortable at our office, give you a professional exam, and more. We’re excited to get to know you.
We’ll put all our training and state-of-the-art technology to work for you. Be free of crooked teeth, and get new confidence in everything you do.
See What Our Patients Have to Say:
“Dr. McCullough and the Office Staff and Assistants who support him are by far the most caring and gentle people I’ve ever met in this industry. Never in my life have I looked forward to my dental appointments (as they all know). But Dr. McCullough and his staff have changed the way I’ve viewed dentistry. I get excited thinking about the incredible work that he is going to do for me! He goes all in, and does his very best every single time. And the results are always pleasing! Thank you McCullough Dental!”
– Diante E
Reasons To Get SureSmile® Aligners
SureSmile® orthodontics gives patients straight teeth, but let’s discuss a few other awesome benefits you might enjoy.
Suresmile® Clear Braces Can Give You a New Bite
In dentistry, your bite is the way that your teeth move together and meet when they’re closed. The bite is very important. It affects the unique way that you chew, smile, and talk.
An unhealthy bite can cause your teeth to wear down more quickly, damage your jaw joints, and cause other issues. That’s where SureSmile® treatment comes in by correcting:
- Overbites: The top teeth overlap the bottom teeth more than they should. SureSmile® aligners gradually move mild overbites into an ideal position.
- Underbites: If your bottom teeth rest in front of your top teeth, a bite correction can improve the beauty of your smile, the shape of your face, the way you talk, and more.
- Crossbites: In this bite issue, the teeth look random and crooked. Some bottom teeth are in front, and some top teeth are.
With mild cases of these bite issues, SureSmile® orthodontics is a gentle, worry-free way of letting the teeth gradually move into better positions. Just by wearing aligners every day, you’ll get a more comfortable and healthier bite.
Suresmile® Braces Are Superior To Traditional Braces
For young children and early teens, metal braces may work better to solve orthodontic issues. But most later teens and adults would rather avoid metal brackets and wires when possible.
That’s what’s exciting about clear aligners. You get to wear something almost invisible and without metal brackets bonded to your teeth.
By avoiding metal, you enjoy:
- Fewer Accidents: A common emergency is when kids rush to the dentist because a bracket has popped off the tooth, or a wire has come loose and is stabbing a cheek. Avoid all that with SureSmile® clear braces.
- Staying Inconspicuous: Metal brackets and wires are distracting in a lot of situations, such as giving a report or meeting a new person. But SureSmile® aligners eliminate this embarrassment by being nearly invisible.
- Greater Comfort: Metal braces have to be tightened, causing days of increased pain. But SureSmile® aligners are each precisely planned to apply gentle pressure to teeth without intense pain.
Some cases require brackets and wires, but if you want to avoid the look of traditional braces, we’ll give you a SureSmile® exam to find out if clear aligners will work for you.
Suresmile® Treatment Can Encourage Better Oral Health
Are straight teeth and a better bite just a cosmetic goal? SureSmile® aligners can actually improve your health in the following ways:
- Preventing Infections: Infections are more likely when teeth are crowded together or spaced too far apart. SureSmile® trays separate crowded teeth and bring gapped teeth together.
- Promoting Good Hygiene: When you’re brushing and flossing, you’ll find it much easier to keep your gums and teeth clean—especially cleaning the sides of your teeth and between your teeth, where it’s easy for bacteria to hide.
- Fixing Jaw Issues: When a bite is out of alignment, many issues can occur including tooth erosion and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), a painful condition that affects the jaw joints. SureSmile® braces correct alignment issues and prevent TMD.
Suresmile® Orthodontics Work for Teens and Adults
SureSmile® fits into your schedule if you’re a teen or a busy adult. Some teens have had to skip class because of braces. And no professional adult wants to look like a little kid because of braces.
Clear aligners are perfect for adults and teens because they:
- Are Convenient: You don’t have to change your routine. You need to focus on your success! You just put in your aligners and forget about them—except for while eating or brushing your teeth.
- Protect Your Confidence: You won’t have any metal brackets glinting in a video conference or photo. Your smile will look natural and won’t be a distraction or inconvenience throughout your daily routine.
- Work Quickly: You may start to see the first results from your aligners within a few weeks of starting treatment. That will build your excitement and motivation. Then, the whole treatment might be over in as little as six months.
Even when treatments take a little longer, they’re still usually about 40% faster than traditional metal braces—perfect for your busy schedule. Focus on what you do best. We’ll do the rest.
What Should You Expect? Here’s the SureSmile® Process
What will happen during SureSmile® treatment? Let’s look at the main steps, from start to finish.
To make sure that this is the right treatment for you, we’ll give you an exam and consultation. This involves:
- An Examination: We check your tooth, gum, and jaw health to make sure you’re ready for treatment.
- History Review: Dr. McCullough searches your medical and dental history for any issues we need to work around or that could stop treatment.
- Scans: We use state-of-the-art scanners to create a 3D model of your smile. From these scans, we’ll be able to create a treatment plan.
If SureSmile® braces are right for you, we’ll use SureSmile® software to design your custom aligners.
We’ll then send your personalized plan and aligner designs to SureSmile® laboratories. Experts will check over the plans and use 3D printers to create your aligners out of advanced materials formulated specifically for your comfort and fast results.
Your series of aligners will be created to move your teeth quickly along optimized routes toward your dream smile.
We’ll call you in for a quick appointment when your aligners are ready. Each aligner is a slightly different shape than the one before, nudging your teeth along the next step.
Keeping Your Aligners Day and Night
To get great results, you’ll wear your aligners 20–22 hours per day, including during the following activities:
- Family pictures.
- Exercise (even during sports).
You should take them out to eat and to clean your teeth—that’s part of what makes SureSmile® aligners so great!
In your first appointment, we’ll show you a computer-generated picture of what your teeth and smile will eventually look like. Put this on your mirror at home. It’ll motivate you to remember to keep your aligners in!
Switch Aligners (Follow the Schedule)
Again, we plan your series of aligners using advanced software. This will give you an amazing new smile fast—as long as you switch to the next aligner set in the series on time.
We’ll give you a simple schedule to follow. On the right day, you’ll just grab the clearly-marked new pair of aligners and start using them instead. Simple!
We’ll also give you a checkup now and then to make sure that you’re progressing as planned. You’ll have your new smile soon!
Wear Your Retainer
Retainers are necessary if you want your new smile to last. You’ve done so well keeping your aligners in, don’t waste that by not wearing a retainer!
You don’t even have to wear your retainers as often as the SureSmile® trays. You just wear them at night. Place your retainers on your bathroom counter so you remember to put them on after you brush your teeth.
Retainers help you keep your new smile for life. Let’s lock it in place, so you never lose what you worked for.
Common SureSmile® Questions
Do I Qualify for SureSmile® Orthodontics?
Are you excited about the benefits of SureSmile® treatment? Keep in mind that not everyone is an ideal candidate to use the SureSmile® system, but if a different treatment is right for you, we’ll recommend it.
To be a good candidate, you need:
- Space in your schedule for occasional checkups.
- Motivation to wear clear aligners about 20–22 hours out of every 24.
- Fair overall health, although we can work around certain health issues.
- Healthy teeth and gums (so they won’t compromise the treatment process).
- Your dental and health records (whatever you can find) or an honest report of your health.
At your SureSmile® consultation, we’ll give you an exam, review your health records, then recommend the right treatment for you. We’ll help you get your ideal smile in whatever way that looks like for you.
How Are SureSmile® Aligners Better Than Mail-Order Aligners?
Because dentists have had great success with clear aligners, some companies now offer clear aligners through the mail. Is this better for you?
We recommend you avoid mail-order clear aligners. Why?
- Home Impressions: Often, you have to take impressions of your own teeth, but traditional methods are imprecise. It’s easy to get an inaccurate impression—which becomes the basis of your whole treatment!
- No Personal Attention: You don’t get a dedicated dentist like Dr. McCullough on your case. You just deal with a large company that never gets to know you personally. There’s no one there to make sure the treatment is progressing smoothly.
- Missing Out on Technology: At McCullough Dental, we scan your teeth with state-of-the-art technology, creating 3D models of your smile. You don’t get that with mail-order aligners.
Is SureSmile® Treatment Affordable?
Every SureSmile® case is different. Through our initial consultation, we’ll plan your treatment and then be able to quote you an exact fee for your treatment.
Orthodontics is an amazing long-term investment. You’ll get to keep this smile potentially for the rest of your life—a tremendous value.
SureSmile® orthodontics is a quality form of orthodontics, offering completed treatments in as little as 6 months! Plus, you can avoid metal braces—crucial in some situations and professions.
Our most important financial policy at McCullough Dental is to keep our fees as reasonable and comparable as possible. We treat our patients fairly because we care about their health. We’ll even bill your insurance on your behalf and help you get the maximum benefits available to you.
How Soon Will I Get Results With SureSmile® Clear Braces?
Some SureSmile® treatments take six months. Others take up to 18 months. The time difference depends on the nature of your case and how often you wear the aligners. You can also expect:
- About 2–4 weeks between your scans and getting your first pair of aligners.
- A week or two wearing each set of aligners.
- Checkups, which may come once every couple of months.
Longer treatment times are needed if your teeth are a little more crowded or separated. We’ll find out during your consultation.
Remember, when SureSmile® orthodontics is right for you, it’ll be faster than traditional braces. Set your expectations that it could take up to 18 months, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised if your treatment only takes 6.
Does SureSmile® Treatment Have To Be Repeated?
When you have a successful SureSmile® treatment, we expect it to last for the rest of your life. We’ll create custom retainers for you, and these should keep your dream smile in place forever.
To get to that point, you need to build a new habit or two. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Set reminders on your phone or a wall calendar.
- Put your aligners back in right after you finish eating.
- Keep your box of aligners on your bathroom counter.
- Make rinsing out your aligners part of your dental hygiene routine.
- Brush your teeth at the same time and in the same place every day.
Make sure your teeth will look great and stay strong. Brush and floss your teeth thoroughly during the SureSmile® process. You can also use a gentle mouth rinse as recommended by Dr. McCullough.
After treatment, keep your retainers next to your toothbrush in your bathroom. Create a new habit of immediately putting in your retainers after brushing at night. This will help you keep your dream smile for the rest of your life!
Find Enduring Confidence With SureSmile® Aligners
Dr. McCullough is excited to meet you and help you with your goals. We all want the best smile possible—we can help you get yours.
That’s why we offer SureSmile® orthodontics. This fantastic treatment can give you a better, healthier, and happier smile in just 6–18 months.
We’ll keep you comfortable in our friendly, caring office in Bakersfield. We focus on your goals, get to know you thoroughly, and make dentistry easy. Many patients in the area already trust Dr. McCullough with all their cosmetic and general dentistry needs. You could be one of them!
Schedule a SureSmile® Consultation Today
SureSmile® clear aligners are great for anyone from teens to senior citizens. You can reshape your smile with discreet aligners that work more quickly than metal braces.
Make an appointment with McCullough Dental today. You’ll get a free SureSmile® consultation and exam, professional recommendations, and a caring, friendly team. Let’s get you your dream smile as soon as possible.