Before starting the prepless dental veneer treatment, you should know a few things to help make the process smooth. Besides, we wouldn’t want you to go into a dental treatment without knowing what to expect.
1. Prepless Veneers Require No Prep
Prepless veneers are known as no-prep or minimal-prep veneers because they don’t need as much prep work as traditional veneers. In the regular veneer process, a large portion of the front of each tooth is removed to make room for the veneers. Prepless veneers require no tooth removal at all. They will still give you a stunning smile that stays strong and healthy.
The process starts with a consultation, where the dental team will assess your smile and goals and determine if you are a good candidate for prepless veneers. If you make the decision to move forward, you will have digital impressions taken.
Using a strong adhesive, the veneers will be bonded to your teeth, giving you a secure and comfortable fit. The dentist will make any final adjustments needed to make sure you have stunning, long-lasting, and natural-looking results.
If you change your mind, we can easily reverse the treatment—prepless veneers are removable!
2. Not Everyone Is an Ideal Candidate
With any dental treatment, you will need to find out if you are a candidate before starting the service so that you can get the results you desire. Good candidates for prepless veneers are:
- Patients with Minor Cosmetic Concerns: If you have discoloration, small gaps, misalignment, or misshapen teeth, prepless veneers might be a good idea for you because they are designed to correct minor cosmetic issues.
- Those Who Prefer Gentle Procedures: Prepless veneers limit the amount of shaping your tooth needs which makes it a popular choice for people who want to keep the natural structure of their teeth.
- Patients with Healthy Teeth: Having good oral health is best before receiving veneers. Strong gums and teeth are essential for long-lasting and healthy results.
- Individuals Seeking Quick Results: If you want a smile transformation in a short amount of time, prepless veneers may be right for you.
3. Prepless Veneers Just Do Some Things Better
The advantages of prepless dental veneers are really what sets them apart from other cosmetic treatments. Some of the most noteworthy benefits are:
- Preservation of natural tooth structure
- Gentle treatment
- Aesthetically pleasing results
- Quick results
4. Prepless Veneers Have Limitations
Veneers may not work for everyone, even an option as versatile as prepless veneers. You should consider potential drawbacks and limitations before continuing with treatment.
- Orthodontic Correction: If you have severe dental issues or extensive orthodontic problems, veneers may not be a good option for you since they limit the ability to correct these issues in the future.
- Durability: Veneers are designed to be durable, but prepless veneers chip more easily than natural teeth, so proper care and maintenance are necessary for long-lasting results.
- Cost: Veneers can be expensive, and they are not usually covered by dental insurance because they are a cosmetic service.
- Customization: To achieve your desired results, you will need a skilled dentist who has experience with customizing veneers to fit the patient’s goals.
Prep Your Smile for the Holidays with Prepless Veneers
If you want to transform your smile for the holiday season, then you should consider prepless veneers for amazing results in a short amount of time. Contact our experienced dental team today to schedule a consultation!